For the use of the Range on an annual basis.
Application form for the use of the Range as a Guest for one time
Yes, but only under to following conditions:
1. Copy of your C resident permit and ID or Passport.
2. Copy of an Swiss police criminal record except (not older then 3 Months after issuance) or a Swiss weapons purchase permit or Cantonal Special weapons purchase permit (not older then 6 Months after issuance).
2. Foreigners with a B resident permit, who want to shoot with their own weapon, have to provide a copy of their Swiss weapons purchase permit or Cantonal Special weapons purchase permit (not older then 6 Months after issuance).
NOTE: Only a Copy of an Swiss police criminal record except is not sufficient to use your own Gun at the range as a B resident permit holder - Legal regulation.
2. Foreigners with a B resident permit, who want to use the range with a rental gun can do this only under the supervision of a range master. Please contact us at least two days before your visit as you will have to book each time a range master (65 CHF per Hour). Thank you.
2. Foreigners who do not have a Swiss resident permit, like Tourists with a Tourist Visa, can only use the range under the supervision of a range master. Please contact us before your visit.
2. Foreigners with other Swiss resident permits then C or B, are not allowed to use the range without an Cantonal Special weapons purchase permit (not older then 6 Months after issuance). Any other permit is not sufficient.
2. Citizens of certain countries, are without an Swiss Cantonal Special weapons purchase permit (not older then 6 Months after issuance), generally not allowed to use or enter the range. For more information, the list of certain countries and a legal background, can be found here: https://www.fedpol.admin.ch/fedpol/en/home/sicherheit/waffen/waffenerwerb.html
3. Copy of your personal liability insurance.
Due to the low light conditions in the evening during the fall and winter moths, we are only allowed to shoot during the day - Legal regulation.
Besides cash, we accept Visa, Mastercard, Postcard, TWINT, Maestro and American Express.
YES, you can shoot also with your handgun on our 25 meter range and with handguns and rifles on our 50 and 300 meter range. (Like type AR, AK, SWISS StgW, Carbine or any other Hunting or sporting and precision rifle)
10 lanes - 300 Meter, Long guns and rifles up to a caliber like .308 or any caliber that does not exceed Energie Max 4000J
2 lanes (only lanes no.11 and no.12) - 300 Meter, Long guns and rifles up to a caliber like .338 Lapua or any caliber that does not exceed Energie Max 10000J (Sorry, no .50 BMG, due to regulations)
8 Lanes - 50 Meter Range – handguns and rifles that do not exceed Energie Max 4000J (Note: Rifles only under conditions, consult the range master) .
25 Meter Anlage – Handguns 9mm / .38 Spezial / .22LR /.357 magnum / .45 ACP.
No, at this time we do not offer the use of shotguns at the range.
YES, no restrictions.
YES. The target display system work with suppressors on all shooting lanes 300/50 and 25 M. Note: the purchase of a suppressor requires a special cantonal weapons purchasing permit.
As a guest you pay for a half day (4h) or evening (3h) 55 CHF for the use of the whole range. (25/50/300m Lanes). Currently we do not have a time limit.
"Be a good sport and don`t occupy the lane for hours if you see that others also want to use the lane ", thank you.
The Range masters reserve the right to impose time limits if we have a lot of shooters at the range.
Annual Range fee is 250 CHF and 20 CHF usage fee for each half day (4h) or evening (3h).
The Annual range fee is always 250 CHF and valid from the 01st of January to the 31st of December, regardless in what month you join and is not refundable.
Same rules as for anybody apply.
All documents are required from your guest, regardless if you are already a range use member or want to bring the guest only for one day.
If your guest is not familiar with shooting or does this the first time, you will need to book a range master for instructions - Insurance reasons - no exceptions.
Note: Special conditions, due to legal regulations apply for Foreigners with B resident permit or non residents, like tourists etc. Please consult the section on top of this page: Are foreigners allowed to use the range?
NO, the range is a target shooting range and is not setup as a combat or IPSC range - Legal and safety reasons.
Note: Any violation lead to the immediate expulsion with no refund and report to the authorities.
What is Obligarorisches or Obli?
All members of the Swiss Armed Forces who have been issued an assault rifle must complete a shooting exercise at a rifle club every year until the last year before they are discharged from military duty.
No, the range is not setup to shoot full - Legal Regulation
Yes, please contact the cashier at the range or range master. The Club will issue the SSV License for a fee for you.
Note: The SSV License is a sporting license to participate in some swiss shooting competitions. Not required to shoot at the range.
© Schützengesellschaft Züri9